Junior Frontend Development weekly link sharing #25
August 15, 2016
This list based on the sharing of the whole community and what we shared on our social media channels this week! We hope you like it!
If you have things you missed in the list, please add them in the comments 🙂
- A Quick Tour Of ES6 (the bits you'll actually use) ES6 is the future, but the future can be a little overwhelming. So, I've put together a list of the bits you'll actually use, with a helpful cheatsheet.
- Web Design & Development News: Collective #237 | Codrops Collective #237: Scrollanim Olympic Bodies gping.io Little Browser Typr.js Fantasy Map Generator Return true to win
- While I Was Redesigning a Boarding Pass, Paper Got Old | Icons8 "Only 30% of passengers travel with a traditional ATB type boarding pass and the number is going down every month." - Tony Capiau, Business Systems Solutions &
- Web Design & Development News: Collective #235 | Codrops Collective #235: CSS Function Syntaxes Amium Turi Pricing Pages Baffle.js Agantty The Headless Web * Arbitrary Awards
- Design Better Data Tables — Mission Log Poor tables. Where did they go wrong?
- HTML5 Weekly Issue 252: August 10, 2016 Building Themes with CSS4 Color Features, EdgeHTML 14 Rolling Out with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Flash and Chrome: Chrome to Block Flash from Chrome 53, Building Your HTML5 Project? Host…
- Web Development Reading List #149: CSS Dynamic Colors, Refactoring CSS, And CSP Hashing – Smashing Magazine Even though we think everything happens in real-time nowadays, we need patience. While technology has been capable of real-time for long now, the “bottleneck” are human beings. Whether it’s a pull…
- Full Width Containers in Limited Width Parents | CSS-Tricks I bookmarked a tweet a few months ago, as it was a bonafide CSS trick and that's what we love around here. The issue is: how do we make a full-browser-widt
- Scaling CSS Components with BEM, REMs, & EMs How a little BEM and cleverness can make extensive use of EMs worth doing, and how it can up your game.
- How to use CSS and SVG clipping and masking techniques SVGs are great for working on the web, and clipping and masking techniques can help you make some stunning designs. Here's how to get started.
- The 2016 Web Development Workflow - Google I/O 2016 Matt Gaunt and Sam Saccone on The 2016 Web Development Workflow In this session, we will take a retrospective look at old workflow tools, future web tooling ...
- Building Your First App With Vue.js In this tutorial we'll create a lightweight app with the help of the amazing Vue.js framework. You'll learn about Vue components, custom filters, and the vue-resource plugin.
- Is this my interface or yours? A piece about perspective
- Music Visualization with D3.js | Big Nerd Ranch Garry Smith shows you how to stream audio data to the browser and dynamically update a bar chart with D3.js.
- Service worker meeting notes On July 28th-29th we met up in the Mozilla offices in Toronto to discuss the core service worker spec. here are the headlines…
- [WIP] Landing Animation for BBAE Landing animation for https://a.bbae.com...
- How to build a URL Shortener with NodeJS and Hapi (with frontend) Learn how to build a URL shortener web app from scratch using Node.js and MongoDB with Hapi.js as the API frameowrk. Includes frontend.