Mr Frontend Development weekly link sharing #31
October 02, 2016
This list based on the sharing of the whole community and what we shared on our social media channels this week! We hope you like it!
If you have things you missed in the list, please add them in the comments 🙂
- Ramda - Filter, Reject and Partition - js Video Tutorial #free We'll learn how to get a subset of an array by specifying items to include with filter, or items to exclude using reject. We'll also look at how to get the results from both filter and reject, neatly…
- Building a Game with Three.js, ReactJS and WebGL The creator of Charisma The Chameleon, Andrew Rey, looks at how to write 3D games declaratively using Three.js, ReactJS and WebGL.
- MinMaxing: Understanding vMin and vMax in CSS I’ve covered the very useful vw and vh CSS units in a previous article, but the related vmin and vmax units are far less known and generally poorly understood. This is unfortunate, as the units have…
- Harry Roberts on why pragmatism trumps perfectionism The CSS wizard on showing veteran devs how to improve their sites, hanging on to those unsexy old tools and the dangers of ‘view source’ addiction.
- CSS Floats Explained By Riding An Escalator Your is almost perfect. You decide to introduce some floats to fix the relationship between a few elements.
- Issue #231 Find out why you should stop testing your pattern library manually, how much accessibility and general purpose functionality is built into the simple button, how to create a simple Column Charts in…
- How to Build a Striped Navigation With Flexbox Thanks to flexbox, nowadays we can build some really attractive and modern layouts with relative ease. In this tutorial we’re going to look at an interface used recently for Google National Parks,...
- Everything You Should Know About Progressive Web Apps A deep look into Progressive Web Apps including lots of practical examples and code snippets to get you started.
- Ladies, the web needs you – Code Like A Girl It’s happened again. An ad in the virtual paper: “web developer wanted”. The resumes flow in:
- #CodingWisdom: Overcome the Greatest Challenges Treehouse teachers and students share the greatest and most common challenges they faced when they were beginners and how to overcome them.
- Web development as a hack of hacks - QuirksBlog Via Bruce I stumbled upon this interesting Hacker News discussion under the ominous title “Is web programming a series of hacks on hacks?” Thingy’s law applies, so the answer is No, but it’s a…
- Comics of the week #358 | Webdesigner Depot Every week we feature a set of comics created exclusively for WDD.
- Weekly News for Designers (N.353) - wysiwyg.css, Sass-y Framework, AMP Project This week's Designer News (N.352) includes wysiwyg.css, Sass-y Framework, AMP Project, CSS Charts, Redesigning Chrome, Emotion in Web Design, and much more.
- Understanding CSS Grid Layout - Envato Tuts+ Web Design Tutorials The web was never meant to be laid out by table elements, nor were floats ever really designed for that purpose. Even flexbox, the new kid on the block, isn’t meant for designing multidimensional...
- How to Set Up Basic Routing in Angular 2 With the recent official release of Angular 2, it's a good time to get up to speed on some of the biggest changes. One thing that's changed a lot is the Angular 2 router, which was completely...